Friday, December 11, 2009

My used tank

Purchasing the aquarium.

One of the most important parts to keeping a marine tank, or for that matter any tank, is an aquarium. You can't really get to far without one. So I looked up local adds on Craigslist and found me a nice used 75 gallon saltwater setup with a few filters and other items. All I lack is a protein skimmer, which I will add after the tank begins to cycle, substrate (live sand), live rock, actinic 460 pc bulb, artificial plants, and salt. This will all take green smelly money, which I have. I have a minimum wage job as a cashier and I make an average of 150 to 200 dollars a week. All of which I can spend on my marine aquarium. My manager also said he will be giving me a raise in pay. YAY!!! My next paycheck will come Thursday December 17th 2009. It will be around 150 dollars. Wish me luck as I begin to purchase the above listed items. Hopefully I will have the tank in a cycle by the end of two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment